Alberta Mental Health Resources
If you are in an Emergency situation, you can:
– Call 911
– Visit Crisis Canada https://www.crisisservicescanada.ca/en/
– Teen Peer Support – Distress Centre https://calgaryconnecteen.com/
– Connect with the Distress Centre at the following links:
Other Mental Health Resources in Alberta
Provides a single point of access to adult addiction and mental health community based programs.
Access 24 / 7 provides a range of urgent and non-urgent addiction and mental health services including service navigation, screening, assessment, referral, consultation, crisis intervention, outreach and short term stabilization.
ACCESS Open Minds (OM)
OM is a walk-in clinic embedded within a youth and young adult friendly environment. Individuals and their supports are welcomed and seen by a clinic therapist on a first come, first serve basis.
The Gender Program
The Gender Program helps persons across the age spectrum who feel that their assigned sex at birth is misaligned with their lived gender.
Accessed through The University of Alberta Hospital
The Young Adult Treatment (YAT) program
A substance abuse program for individuals 18-24 years old in Alberta
Three locations across the province:
- Aventa Addiction Services for Women program integrates trauma-informed and addiction recovery services for young adult women.
- Enviros Wilderness School Association offers an intensive adventure based wilderness addiction treatment program in a remote location for young adult men.
- Poundmaker’s Lodge provides services for young people, programming is Indigenous culture based and incorporates traditional Indigenous healing and ceremonial practices.
Walk-In Counselling – Red Deer
Offers people one-time meetings for counselling with a mental health worker.
4733 49 Street , Red Deer, Alberta T4N 1T6