My professional background includes counselling, crisis intervention, advocacy, and academic and career advising. I draw on 20 years of experience providing community-based counselling and support, working with adolescents, adults, and seniors to address significant issues of distress and to navigate meaningful life transitions. I have worked in community-based organizations, shelters, and in educational settings supporting community members across a diversity of identities and experience.
As a therapist, and graduate from the University of Toronto Master of Education in Counselling Psychology program, my approach is integrative drawing from multiple therapeutic approaches including Cognitive Behavioural, Emotion Focused, and Psychodynamic. Important to my approach is the establishment of a therapeutic relationship that fosters self-acceptance, trust, and compassion.
I can offer support on issues including:
- Intergenerational Trauma
- Complex Trauma
- Sexuality and Identity
- Academic & Career Transition
- Work-Related Stress
- Addiction and Substance Use
- Difficulties with Anger
I am experienced supporting:
- Students (including mature and first-generation post-secondary students)
- Professionals in Health and Helping Professions
- Adolescents and Adults with histories of trauma
- 2SLGBTQ+ youth, adults, and seniors
- Artists and Creatives
- Newcomers and Refugees
- Youth and Adults with histories of homelessness and economic insecurity
I am happy to provide a free phone consultation of 15 minutes to determine if my approach and experience might be a good fit for you.