Joan is a paraprofessional — Registered Psychotherapist and Mental Health RN with over 18 years of diverse mental healthcare experiences. She is committed to providing person-centred, empathetic counselling and maintains strong interpersonal skills; reflective, self-aware and culturally competence.
With a creative, motivational and mindful practice, Joan draws from a variety of evidence-based modalities and techniques to customize her counselling treatment to meet the unique needs of each individual and family. Her therapeutic approach promotes client autonomy and well-being. Clients feel empowered learning the tools they need to work through life’s challenges.
Joan’s approach integrates her clinical hospital, community-based and private practice experiences. Training includes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Motivational Interviewing, Narrative Therapy, Single Session Thinking/One At A Time Therapy, Trauma-Informed Therapy and Positive Psychology. Joan delivers unique services that provide positive client care outcomes.
Ongoing Professional Development:
- Brainspotting (BSP) Professional with BSP Canada
- Single Session Thinking Trained/Certification
- Tribal Theory, Trained/Certification
- Hospice Palliative Care Ontario Trained/Certification
- Developmental Disabilities and Mental Health, CAMH Course
- PEERS (Program for the Education and Enrichment of
- Relational Skills) Trained
- Forest Bathing
** FREE 15 MINUTE PHONE AND/OR VIRTUAL CONSULTATION PRIOR TO FIRST SESSION **