Are you struggling with stress, anxiety, depression, trauma or fears? Are you finding it difficult to cope with your day-to-day challenges; struggling with large life changes or decisions; or feeling stress related to serious medical issues or chronic pain? I would be very glad to support you in coming to find increased peace and more authentic and full life expression.
I offer an accepting space for you to explore what is happening in your life, to share your story and your feelings and thoughts. I believe that as we become consciously aware of our thoughts and feelings and their origins, these change to be more peaceful. Some approaches that we may use are:
- Cognitive behaviour approaches help to understand and to change stuck patterns of thought and behaviour that are no longer serving you.
- Family pattern origins and early adverse events may be where current patterns began as a way to cope, and we can explore where earlier in your life these started
- Meditative process can be used. Sometimes people find that they are “of two minds” or may find that at some level they are critical of themselves, and it can be helpful to become more aware of these inner conflicting parts. Since much of our experience and thoughts are not usually accessible to our conscious awareness, the meditative approach can deepen awareness of thoughts and feelings, and to identify early life events where these originate.
- A somatic modality (Emotional Freedom Techniques, EFT, tapping) can help to release pain and to make changes more gently and easily since emotional and physical pain can be held in the body and are not just in mind.
- As a spiritual being, you are connected to the wisdom and love of Universal Energy, whether you think of this as God or angels, or in other ways. If you choose, we can invite in this divine help as part of our work.
I am a Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) with training in Spiritual Psychotherapy and Spiritual Direction, Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT, tapping), trauma treatment, and cognitive behaviour therapy. I continue to study, learn, and participate in advanced training in order to better serve my clients.
If you think that we might be a good fit to work together, I would be glad to have a free half hour phone call to so that we could explore this.